My work content and services promote
- Environmental and social SUSTAINABILITY
- Clients’ personal TRANSFORMATION and empowerment
- Social responsibility and positive community-based or societal CHANGE
- EDUCATION and public awareness.
“I write, and inspire people to create, soulful stories and compelling images that heal, empower, educate, and build connection.”
I like this concept of RIGHT LIVELIHOOD:
“when there is no need for separating what one does from what one is/
when one’s work adds to the reservoir of positiveness in the world”
I love CREATIVE COLLABORATION:
- TO INSPIRE others with personal or media stories that reveal my passion for many topics (see my features categories);
- TO ADVOCATE in print on behalf of causes or organizations whose values I admire and support;
- TO NURTURE others to begin and hone their own work in print or on the web; and
- TO CREATE CONNECTIONS with people who strive, through inner work and community action, to transform attitudes and actions for the social and environmental benefit of all.
On some projects, I have donated a portion of my profits to an organization whose activities I support, whether it’s creating an accessible school playground or working to protect spirit bear habitat.
Here are some of the subjects that ignite my spirit and creativity:
- Arts and culture
- Environmental conservation and sustainability
- Healing and recovery from trauma
- History and herstory
- Holistic health and lifestyles
- Human consciousness & quantum thought
- Human rights
- Humanitarian aid and voluntourism
- Peace and respectful communication
- Restorative and social justice issues
- Spirituality and soulfulness
- Travel and eco-tourism
I like this quotation from Steve Jobs, the late founder of Apple Inc., who was a practising Buddhist:
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.
“As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”