Have you always wanted to write a family history but felt overwhelmed? Thought of writing a memoir but didn’t know how to start? Would you like to document the highlights of your organization’s past?
I’ll be sharing both practical and inspirational tips — and how to avoid research pitfalls — in my new Vancouver School of Writing workshop Writing History: Passions, Pitfalls & the Process (Non-Fiction).
This is a 90-minute to 2-hour LIVE and LIVE VIRTUAL course so you can be in class or have access to it anywhere and ask the instructor questions. Can’t make the date? All Vancouver School of Writing workshops are recorded; you can receive a link to view the course later, or access it in a few weeks in our archive of courses.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn:
• Posing questions you don’t have the answers to
• Researching: where and how
• Getting beyond myths and stereotypes
• Handling conflicting opinions and sensitivities
• Making smart choices for structuring
• Discovering the hidden stories
The class begins at 6:30 PST in downtown Vancouver. Cost is $59 + GST.
To register and for more information, see Vancouver School of Writing.